Monday, October 19, 2009

#17 The Ben Effect

I would like to explore the concept of social dynamics, more specifically flirting. I am tossing up the idea that everybody has a handicap when it comes to flirting.

It is a phenomenon I have observed where the act of flirting is obvious to everybody but the two major players who sit obliviously, but in turmoil as to whether their opposite shares the same or even similar thoughts or emotions.

I would like to offer a solution to the problem at hand. I would like to entitle it 'The Ben Effect'.

Let me explain in a little more detail:

1. Men (like me I guess) are slow, we do not get subtle. We do not get 'hints'. We do not get body language and there is one simple reason for this. We (I can say that because I'm one of them)will rationalize these things as a longing or wishing rather than signs of affection. Simple as that.

2. Women want to be desired by people they desire themselves. But, like us (men) they still rationalize any returned favor as fancy or wishing.

Now I realize that I cant speak for women as accurately as I can for men (and am expecting to get stomped [see Fig. 32] for assuming I can) so ladies please feel free to correct any inaccuracies that I have put forth. But for the first part, and women take not, men are like that.

If you want our attention please, I implore you, be obvious with your sentiments. Trust me it will save you hours and hours of confusion and pain.

When it does work just remember to say to the world 'Thank you The Ben Effect!' and I will get the message.

Much obliged. And click the picture so that you can read the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment